Who we are

The Don’s Fibre Ltd was established in Nairobi by E. Njora Waweru in 2005 with an aim of dealing with East African Sisal sales both regionally and internationally.

Alongside Mr E. Njora Waweru in the running of the company, we have Robert Njora. He is a Master Student in ME(Finance Option) & Graduate in Applied Economics in Agriculture. He has 10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Business operations.

It was started in small office in town house, and grew slowly to what it is today. Since its inception, the company has grown to become a market leader in North and West Africa and the Middle East and steadily expanding in Asia and Europe.

We are



What I do?

How its made

Extraction Of sisal Fibres

Sisal fiber is extracted from the leaves by retting, scraping, or mechanical decortication. The sisal plant produces sword-like leaves with teeth and loses these tooth in maturity. Decortication is the most common method for extracting sisal fiber. In this process, the leaves are crushed between blunt knives and moisture and the fleshy pulp are removed from the fiber. Water is used to clean debris that is present in the leaves. The sisal fiber that is obtained is dried in the hot sun

Separation of the sisal residue

three-point bending curves are used. The same behavior on the flexural test was observed for all mixtures: an elastic linear behavior is observed up to the point where the matrix cracks and the post cracking range was characterized by a single cracking formation and the pull-out of fibers.

Drying of the fiber

after decortication ( Figure 1a) only approximately 5% of the whole sisal leaf is used, leaving the remaining 95% as residue, which is separated in a rotating sieve (Figure 1b) in two types: i) leaf residues that can be used to generate bioenergy, animal feed and fertilizers productions or that are accumulated nearby rivers and streams, and ii) field bush which is composed of short sisal fiber and that currently has no application. During the drying process (Figure 1c), sisal fibers are visually selected; those fibers which have no damage or impurities are then brushed and packed for export or are used as basic material for sisal-based product

Our Work

Recent Products

Sisal Fibre

Grade UG

Sisal Fibre

Grade SSUG

Sisal Fibre

Grade TOW 1

Sisal Fibre

Grade TOW 1

Get in Touch!

State House Avenue, Xenia apartments, House B1

Contact US!